Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2001

August 18, 2001: The End of the Road

San Diego, CA
Coors Amphitheater

Waaaaahhhhh... the last show of the tour... the last of my summer Journey across the United States... Dang... what a summer it's been... and tonight....

And oh my... what a show... I'd have to say this was the BEST show I've been to in the whole tour! Maybe because it was the last night of the tour. Maybe it's because I was surprised with an after show pass... 13 shows... it's about damn time! LOL!
 
I'm just going to bypass Waite and Frampton, because, well after 13 shows, what's left to say?? I'll buy Waite's new CD... and that's about it there...

So on to the show...

The guys were really loose tonight. The running joke was, of course, the red leather pants! (woo hoo!) When Jon introduced Steve early on in the show, he said "On red leather pants and lead vocals, please welcome Mr. Steve Augeri!" Steve blushed the color of his pants as the crowd (mostly women) roared. When Neal introduced "Nothing Comes Close" he said "And here's the one about the red leather pants." I think the die hard fans were highly amused as Steve looked like a little kid kicking dirt.

The set list was very cool tonight... The crowd went bonkers for "Open Arms" and surprisingly no "Livin' to Do" tonight.

The after show went waaaaaaay too quickly, but I did get to say hi to Steve, Ross, Deen and Jon. Alas, no Neal tonight. Deen remembered me from lunch earlier in the week and Ross recalled meeting me earlier this year. VERY cool...

Set List:

Anyway You Want It
Only the Young
-- Neal solo (Amazing Grace) --
Stone in Love
Ask the Lonely
Kiss Me Softly (woo hoo! a first for me!)
Lights
-- Jon solo --
Open Arms
Feeling That Way
Anytime
Higher Place
Chain Reaction
Don't Stop Believin'
Faithfully
Nothing Comes Close
Escape
-- mini-drum solo --
-- Neal solo --
Wheel in the Sky
-- mini-drum solo 2 --
Be Good to Yourself

Encore:
Separate Ways
Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'

At the end of the road... (boo hoo) 

We will meet again...

Caryn "JourneyCat" Sinagra, Rose Johnson, & me waiting for the meet & greet
(not sure if this was from my camera or Cat's.)

No comments: