Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2005

January 26, 2005: My Favorite Piece of Journey Memorabilia

One of the problems we encountered when planning the reception for JPP2005 in Hollywood was the number of guests the band planned to invite to the reception. Each band member was to invite 10 guests. This was more than we had planned for and put a strain on our budget, but we made it work. Then we got a message from Cat on behalf of band management. Steve Augeri had a guest list of 30 people. Fortunately before we could stroke out at how to arrange for food for 20 more people, Steve generously offered to pay the additional cost. While it felt a little weird to accept, the financial situation required us to say yes. As treasurer, I was to get a check from Steve via Cat while we were in Hollywood. Due to the hectic schedule, that didn't happen. What did happen was SO much better. Steve mailed a check and a thank you note to my home. Talk about the coolest piece of mail I've ever received. I scanned the letter and shared it with the rest of the committee. The original is in my scrapbook collection.


I'm still not sure what my favorite part of this letter is -- that the event was a "hugh" success or that their "hearts remain somewhere beyond the clouds." This was written six months before Generations was released with the song "Beyond the Clouds." I've wondered ever since was this a hint or an inspiration? Either way, I love it!

No comments: